About this session
Daniel Hearn is a London-based video editor with experience in advertising, branded content, documentaries, music videos, and social media. He has worked with a variety of high-profile directors, top advertising agencies, and clients.
During this session, Daniel will explain/show:
- How He Started: How he got started in the industry and how he broke into documentary editing.
- Editing Set Up: The edit suite, his experience with each editing software, organising footage, and breaking down the footage. How does he prepare for a film before even starting editing?
- Techniques, using story cards to plan the story, how to structure a narrative documentary, how to create meaningful scenes out of next to nothing, what to look for in telling any story, and how to work with the director and client.
- Examples of work:
- editing case study: KSI Cant Lose.
- editing case study: Madness Before We Was We.
- Advice: what he would have liked to know before starting as an editor, resources and learning tools.
This session will take place online from 6.30pm until 7.45pm (GMT) on Monday 24 June 2024.
7.30pm-7.45pm: audience Q&A
Participants will receive the link to this session a few days ahead of the event.
How to book
Please book via the ticket form below.
This event is open for Members (free) and Non-Members (£20).
We have a limited availability, and operate on a first come first served policy.